Best Forex Apps January – Compare Top Apps with Low Fees
Want to trade forex from your smartphone? We review the 10 best forex apps for 2021 to help you start trading today!
Best Forex Apps 2021 List
Here are the 10 best forex apps to use in 2021:
- eToro – Overall Best Forex App in 2021
- Capital.com – Best App for Forex Trading with Exotic Currency Pairs
- VantageFX – Best Forex App for ECN Accounts
- AvaTrade – Best Forex App for Options Trading
- Libertex – Top Forex Trading App with Tight Spreads
- Interactive Brokers – Cheapest Forex Trading App in 2021
- Forex.com – Advanced Mobile Trading Platform for Forex
- TD Ameritrade – Top US-based Forex Trading App
- FXCM – Best Forex Trading App for Beginners
- XM – Best MetaTrader 4 and 5 Forex Trading App
Best Online Forex Apps Reviewed
Let’s take a closer look at each of the 10 best forex apps so you can decide which is right for you.
1. eToro – Overall Best Forex App in 2021
eToro is our top pick for any traders looking for the best forex app in 2021. This mobile-friendly broker offers more than 45 currency pairs to choose from and zero commissions. Spread start from just 1.0 pips for the popular EUR/USD trading pair, making eToro one of the most affordable trading apps around.
This broker has its own trading platform that was built from the ground up with mobile trading in mind. The app is incredibly easy to use, with a dashboard that lets you easily monitor all your holdings and get an overview of the market. You can also keep tabs on the forex market with a scrollable market news feed and economic calendar.
eToro’s charting software isn’t the most comprehensive we’ve seen, but it provides an excellent experience on small smartphone screens. You can turn your phone to launch full-screen charts and access more than 100 technical studies with just a few taps. eToro also includes professional market analysis from in-house traders, which is very helpful when you’re trying to gauge the market.Another thing we love about eToro is that it has a built-in social trading platform. You can follow other traders to see what currency pairs they’re buying and selling, as well as start discussions about the latest market news. eToro also supports copy trading, so you can set your portfolio on autopilot by copying the moves of more experienced forex traders.
The eToro forex app is available for iOS and Android devices, or you can access the web platform through any browser. This broker is regulated by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and offers 24/5 customer support. You can open a new account with just a $200 minimum deposit.
- No commissions and very competitive spreads
- Mobile app includes a dashboard with market overview
- Built-in news feed and economic calendar
- Social trading network with copy trading
- Regulated by the UK FCA
- Limited technical analysis tools
67% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider.
2. Capital.com – Best App for Forex Trading with Exotic Currency Pairs
Capital.com is another top forex app that brings a lot to the table for traders. To start, this broker has over 140 currency pairs available to trade. That means you get access to all the major and minor pairs, plus dozens of exotics that most other trading apps don’t offer. If you want to trade highly volatile exotic currency pairs, Capital.com is the best platform for the job.
This free forex trading app also stands out for its low fees. Capital.com doesn’t charge any commissions for forex trading and spreads start at just 0.7 pips. On top of that, there are no deposit, withdrawal, or inactivity fees to worry about.
Capital.com’s mobile platform is unique to the broker and includes a few features that we think traders will love. One especially neat tool is an AI algorithm that automatically looks at your trade history to find patterns. The software will then use this data to suggest ways that you can improve your win rate and minimize your trading risk.
This broker also puts an emphasis on education. Capital.com has dozens of videos and tutorials on its website to help you start trading forex. Plus, the broker even has a mobile app that’s dedicated to teaching you how to trade. It includes interactive lessons and quizzes to test your knowledge.
Capital.com is regulated by the UK FCA. You can open a new trading account with just $20 and the broker accepts credit cards, debit cards, and bank transfers. Capital.com’s support team is available 24/7 if you ever need help with your account.
- Trade over 140 forex pairs
- Spreads starting from 0.7 pips
- AI algorithm helps you trade smarter
- Tons of educational resources including a dedicated app
- 24/7 customer support by phone, email, and live chat
- Exotic forex pairs can have very high spreads
71.2% of retail investor accounts lose money when spread betting and/or trading CFDs with this provider.
3. VantageFX – Best Forex App for ECN Accounts
VantageFX is one of the best forex apps for traders who want to open an ECN account. ECN (electronic communications network) accounts offer ultra-low spreads and fast trade execution to help you stay ahead of the market.
With VantageFX’s Raw ECN account, you get access to 44 forex pairs with spreads as low as 0.0 pips. The broker charges a commission of $3 per lot per side, which is fairly inexpensive for high-volume traders. Plus, you can trade major forex pairs with leverage up to 500:1.
It’s worth noting that VantageFX also offers a Standard account that’s 100% commission-free. Traders with this account will pay a spread starting from 1.4 pips and you’ll still have access to 500:1 high leverage. VantageFX uses straight-through processing for Standard accounts, so trade execution is still very fast.
This broker has its own easy-to-use trading app for iOS and Android devices to help you navigate the market. It only includes a handful of technical studies, but we loved how easy the full-screen technical charts are to customize on a mobile device. If you need more technical firepower, VantageFX integrates with the popular MetaTrader 4 and 5 platforms.
VantageFX is regulated by the UK FCA and the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority (CIMA). The broker offers 24/5 customer support by phone and email.
- ECN accounts with spreads from 0.0 pips
- Access leverage up to 500:1
- Standard accounts use straight-through processing
- Supports MetaTrader 4 and 5 trading apps
- Regulated by the UK FCA
- Higher than average spreads for Standard account users
Your capital is at risk.
4. AvaTrade – Best Forex App for Options Trading
AvaTrade is another top forex trading app and, we think, one of the best forex apps for iPhones. The AvaTradeGO app is incredibly easy to use and puts watchlists, technical charts, and advanced order entry options at your fingertips. We particularly like that you can enter an order while viewing a chart within the mobile app – something that many other apps don’t…